Bibimbap is a Korean dish that is traditionally served on a bed of rice with lots of tasty toppings. Betr's version uses lots of fresh veggies to create a filling and festive meal!
Keep in mind the veggies go on top of the bed of mixed greens, quinoa or rice so feel free to add as much or little as desired.
- Mixed greens or quinoa (level 2 can do brown rice)
- 1 cucumber (quater sized pieces)
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Fried egg-1 per a serving (used yellow if level 2 or low cholesterol)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 lime
- Liquid Aminos (to taste)
- Sesame seeds
- Start by prepping your bibimbap base. If using mixed greens, just place in bottom of bowl. If using quinoa or brown rice prep according to package then place in bowl.
- Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil in a small pot and stir in spinach; cook until spinach is bright green and wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Brown beef in a clean nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes per side, and set aside. Option to add fresh garlic.
- In a separate nonstick skillet, heat to medium-low and use a non stick spray then fry the eggs just on one side until yolks are runny but whites are firm (if level 1 just do egg white), 2 to 4 minutes each.
- Cut cucumber into small chunks and prep edamame (steamed or fresh).
- Begin to assemble dish by placing all toppings around the edge of the bowl on top of the base. Spinach, beef, edamame, and cucumber go around bowl. (As much as you want of each) Placing fried egg in the middle on top of everything else.
- Finally top with sesame seeds, lime, and liquid aminos. And then mixed it all in as much as you want!!!