Photo credits to Jillian. She said this was delicious and really fun to make with her kids!
Here are two ways to make these delicious zucchini sushi rolls!
Option 1: GREEK YOGURT AND VEGGIE SUSHI ROLLS
This recipe is from Kara Smith and slightly modified.
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Red pepper, cut into inch long sticks
- 1 Carrot, cut into inch long sticks
- 1 Cucumber, cut into inch long sticks
- Plain greek yogurt
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel thin slices of zucchini longways. Lay each slice on a flat surface, and spread cream cheese on one side.
- On one end of the zucchini, pile on the carrots, cucumbers, and red peppers. You can also place the veggies throughout the zucchini slice, but be sure not to overload it.
- Roll the zucchini up and secure with a toothpick. Serve Immediately. Enjoy!
Option 2: VEGAN ZUCCHINI QUINOA SUSHI ROLLS
This recipe was from The Petite Cook and slightly modified.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 small-medium zucchinis
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 1 avocado, cut into strips
- a bunch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Cover a cutting board with cling film. Then cut the zucchini lengthwise into very thin strips with a peeler.
- Arrange the thin zucchini slices slightly overlapping each other, carrying on until you have a long strip enough to make 4 rolls out of it. Consider a couple of extra cm per side, as the edges will be chopped off to ensure all rolls are even.
- Place ½ cup of quinoa on the zucchini strips, making sure you have a even layer that covers horizontally half the zucchini bed. Arrange carrots and avocado into a long even strip on top of quinoa.
- Start to roll up, making sure to keep the roll tight, and gently pressing down with your fingers all the way until you reach the end. Be careful not to squeeze out the roll filling.
- Once the roll is ready, you can cover in cling film and refrigerate for 15 mins to firm it up. Or you can use a sharp knife and carefully cut it into 4 even rolls, chopping the two ends off and eating immediately. You can refrigerate for up to 3 hours and serve later. Enjoy!