LEVEL 1 - Busy family lifesaver
Prep and Cook time: roughly 40 mins, faster if veggies are pre-cut.
4 chicken breasts
Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground pepper to season
2 tsps grape seed oil
1 can (8 oz) crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
1 med diced onion
1 diced red bell pepper
1 diced green bell pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 bay leaf
Chopped fresh basil or parsley for topping
2-3 med zucchini, spiralized for "noodles"
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Using saute setting on the Instant Pot, add 1 tsp grape seed oil and brown chicken on both sides. Remove.
- Add 1 tsp grape seed oil and sauté garlic, onions and peppers until soft and brown, roughly 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken back and pour over tomatoes. Add oregano, basil, bay leaf and stir.
- Cook high pressure 30 minutes, natural release.
- Serve with fresh basil or parsley over spiralized zucchini "noodles."
I love any meal that is easy, healthy and adds flavor to my family's dinner time bringing them racing to the table. With busy schedules, I need all the help I can get and this is a great meal to throw together or make ahead on the weekend and reheat. You can also double it and freeze the other 1/2 to put in smaller lunch sized containers creating re-heatable lunches. And best of all...1 pot clean-up!