Ingredients for shrimp:
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Himalayan Salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions for shrimp:
- Season the shrimp with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining shrimp to the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook until the shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 minute.
- Return the first batch of shrimp to the skillet, mix well so that the garlic is evenly incorporated and remove the pan from the heat.
- Squeeze the lime juice over all the shrimp. Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.
Ingredients for side veggies:
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- One 8-ounce package baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- One 16-ounce package frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
Directions for side veggies:
In a large skillet, add olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Stir in the peas and 1/2 cup water. Cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper.