These overnight oats can be made hot or cold.
Base of oatmeal
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
- ¾ to 1 cup of coconut milk
- Ground cinnamon powder to taste
- Small pinch of pure vanilla powder
Optional Nut crumbles
- Sprouted nuts of your choice (almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews or a combination)
- 1-2 pitted dates
Other optional toppings
- 1-2 tsp of natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Fresh fruit apple slices, berries, bananas
- In a 8 oz. mason jar, combine and stir-well all ingredients. Secure with a lid and store in the fridge overnight. This will be the base of your Paleo Oatmeal.
To serve chilled:
- The flaxseed meal will bloom further overnight. Stir and thin it with more milk until your desired consistency. Add any preferred toppings. Enjoy !
To serve hot and immediately:
- You can either reheat it over low heat in a small saucepan on a stovetop (stir and thin with more milk) or cook it without soaking overnight. Stir frequently until the flaxseed meal becomes more plump and silky texture.