Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours on low, 3-4 hours on high
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped small
- 5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 celery ribs, chopped small
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped small
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried mint leaves
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for the lemon juice, tomato paste and spinach. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- After the cook time is complete and the lentils are tender, stir in the lemon juice, tomato paste and spinach. Cover and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy!