1 cup quinoa
7-8 mini sweet bell peppers
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved through the stem
1 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and diced
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts (5 scallions)
1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (2 bunches)
1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour 2 cups of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the quinoa and 1 teaspoon of salt, lower the heat and cover the pot. Let it simmer for 15 minutes until the grains are tender and open (they’ll have little curly tails).
- Drain, place in a bowl, and immediately add the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 1 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add the quinoa and mix well.
- Individually stuff each mini bell pepper with the quinoa mix or refrigerate and save for later.