Looking for an easy treat to take on the go? Picking all different varieties of apples creates unique apple chip flavors...from sweet (Fuji) to tart (Grannie Smith). No need for a dehydrator...just use your oven instead!
- 4 apples
- 1 Tbsp organic pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Slice apples into 1/16-inch thick rounds (discard any seeds)
- Lay slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and lightly sprinkle evenly with spices.
- Bake 1 hour, then flip and back for another 2 hours. Turn off the oven and remove baking sheet once the apples have completed cooled down.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Health coach tip: When apples are on sale, stock up and make a larger batch! Perfect to take along on extended travel days, camping/hiking, movies or sporting events.