- 1 Bunch of Curly Kale
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium Shallot
- 1 1/2 Lemons Juiced
- 1 Cup Raw Walnuts
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove stems and clean kale.
- Place peeled garlic and shallot in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remove garlic and shallots form water and dry on a clean kitchen towel to drain off excess water.
- Working quickly place kale in boiling water.
- Swirl the kale in the water and immediately remove (this step helps mellow out the sharp/bitter bite of raw garlic, shallots, & kale).
- Place blanched kale in a cloth lined colander to drain excess water.
- Add kale and remaining ingredients (except olive oil) to the bowl of the food processor. Pulse a few times and then turn it on.
- While it is processing drizzle in olive oil into the container. You are looking for a choppy/creamy consistency.
Feel free to taste & make your own adjustments.
Make a double batch and freeze in small containers for quick meals in the future.
Serving Suggestions: Use pesto on zucchini noodles or vegetables.