Drinking plenty of water is a daily foundational component of the betr program but what if you get tired of plain old water and want something different?
Here are some fun ideas for adding creativity to your daily hydration to mix things up and a some beneficial nutrients!
- Citrus water - Add slices of lemon, grapefruit, orange, or lime for a refreshing flavor.
- Berry water - Slice up strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries for fruity flavors.
- Fruit water - Choose your favorite fruits for a variety of daily flavors...apple, pineapple, mango, grapes, pears, etc
- Vegetable water - Cut up cucumbers, celery, carrots or sweet peppers for a mellow flavor.
- Herb water - Use fresh dill, basil, chamomile, lemongrass, marjoram, oregano, parsley, peppermint, rosemary, sage, spearmint, and thyme for complex flavors.
- Spice water - Try allspice berries, cardamom pods, star anise, whole cloves, crystallized ginger pieces, fennel seeds, juniper berries, and vanilla bean for exotic flavors.
- Herbal tea water - Brew your favorite herbal teas and keep as an iced tea blend.
For all recipes, add ingredients to a water pitcher (or bottle) and let sit overnight. Use 8 cups of water as a base. Add 2 cups fresh herbs, 1/4 cup spices or 1 cup fruits or vegetables to infuse.
- A tea ball or paper tea bags can help contain smaller herb leaves or spices - no need for a water infusion pitcher.
- Mix and match flavors for endless blends....apples & cinnamon, dill & cucumber, lemon & basil, lime & mint, etc.
- Add a splash of coconut water to a fresh pineapple infusion for a tropical flavor.