One of our wonderful members, Ashley, created this rendition of Pigs in a blanket. She said it was a wonderful hit with her family!!!
- 1 lb. organic ground beef or chicken
- 1 medium sized head of cabbage - boiled until soft
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Remove leaves from a medium sized head of cabbage.
- For filling: Then, place the uncooked ground beef in a large bowl and add 1/2 onion diced, green pepper diced, 2 cloves fresh garlic, pink salt, pepper. Combine.
- Roll meat mixture into each leaf, tucking in sides, and place in casserole dish.
- Top with sauerkraut or fresh cabbage
- Combine diced tomatoes with tomato paste and spread on cabbage rolls and sauerkraut.
- Bake at 350 for an hour and half or until meat is cooked through and cabbage is tender. You can also put this in a Crock-Pot on low for 3-4 hours! Enjoy!