2 whole skinned chicken legs, with the bone
6 tbsp. Liquid Aminos
32 oz box low sodium organic chicken stock
1 stick of whole cinnamon
2 Zucchini, spiraled
1 cup Radish sprouts
Chopped Green Onions
- In a Crock-Pot, stir in the chicken, liquid Aminos and cinnamon sticks. Add skinned chicken legs. The magic here is in the bones! As the bones soak over time in a Crock-Pot, it will create a gut-healing, high protein broth. Add enough broth to cover chicken, roughly the whole box of chicken stock.
- Cook on low for 6 + hours. Just pop it in before work and come home to the best Pho ever! The chicken will literally fall off the bones.
- Fish the bones out of the soup. Serve on top of spiraled zucchini, and top with your healing herbs! Enjoy!
Chicken Pho is near and dear to my heart. I absolutely adore this recipe because it is SUPREMELY TASTY. And, because it is chock full of healing herbs, spices, and bone broth. (It also doubles as a salad with the sprouts added in, and as some of you know, I have to really trick myself into getting my leafy greens in.) That being said…
There’s a South American Proverb that says, “A good broth can raise the dead.”
And for good reason.
A principal I studied at my holistic nutrition school was food energetics that states the kind of animal we take in will nourish you in a certain way. Chickens are up and at 'em kind of animals, so it is interesting to note that when people are not feeling well, there are chicken soup recipes across the world and in every culture. With studies into bone broth and it’s gut-healing effects, it shows us grandma was onto something.
Health Coach Tips:
Slow cooking bones draws out the collagen (which is a key factor in keeping skin soft and elastic) and other healing properties of the bones, including amino acids and minerals, which help heal theft and reduce inflammation. It keeps joints lubricated which is fantastic as you start to increase the intensity of your workouts and keep them safe.
Zucchini Noodles: high anti-inflammatory properties and are high in vitamin C!
Cilantro: helps rid the body of heavy metals.
Basil: boosts immunity
Green onions: Adds antiviral and antibacterial properties
Jalapeno: Contains capsaicin, which literally burns calories and fat.
Mint: leaves aid in digestion
Shopping List: (4 servings)
- 1 pound of Organic Grass Fed Chicken
- 32 oz box of low sodium Organic Chicken Stock
- 4 Zucchinis
- 1 box of Basil
- 1 box of Mint
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
With the extra basil that you'll have, you can also make our Betr Spaghetti.