4 cups Cooked Quinoa
2-3 cups Mushroom Broth
1 Large Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, chopped
2 tbsp. Sage, chopped
2 tsp. Thyme, chopped
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup Celery, Chopped
3 cups Kale, Chopped
2 cups Apples, Chopped
1 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook Quinoa (Bonus: cook in mushroom broth for richer flavor)
- Cook chopped onions in about 2 tablespoons of broth on medium heat until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add spices, simmer until aromatic (about 5 minutes - the scent is one of the ways you can tell it's finished!).
- Add celery, cook until it's tender-crunchy, about 5 minutes.
- In a bake dish, add cooked quinoa, kale, onion mixture, 1/4 cup mushroom broth, half of your apples, and hemp seeds. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Eating for the holidays doesn't mean giving up your holiday favorites - it's all about making them Betr. Enjoy!
If you're new to the kitchen, you can always replace raw garlic and onions with powder. It saves time and energy! The flavor turns out great either way!