1 Eggplant, Sliced and Baked (Baking is optional)
1/2 pound Organic Grass-fed Beef
1 cup tomatoes
1 tbsp. Basil, or 1/2 tsp. dried basil
2 cups Level 1 marinara
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice eggplant. Optional: Bake on 375 for 10 minutes - this helps reduce water in the eggplant, making it less "soupy."
- Cook the beef with basil for about 10 minutes or until it's cooked through.
- Layer eggplant, marinara or tomato sauce and beef.
- If using a Crock-Pot, cook on low for 4 hours. If using the oven, bake for about 1 hour or until the kitchen becomes aromatic. This is an indication the flavors have melted together!
Notes from Chef Kimberly
As we all activate a healthy lifestyle, it's so important to enjoy our food! When eating healthy, delicious foods becomes more enjoyable than eating stuff that weighs us down, THAT is when the magic happens and it becomes our lifestyle. I adore teaching our betr family that they have their comfort foods, only they are so much betr because they leave us feeling light and energized, ready to be fully present with our family and friends.
Level 2, Day 2 Onwards
Add this vegetarian ricotta cheese!
- 1/2 cup Non-Fat Organic Cottage Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
Level 2 Day 10 Onwards
- Add Betr Queso