The fiesta chicken recipe was made by one of our client's husband (and my mom and dad!) Martin and Sharon Nanney. It's spooky how easy and yummy these stuffed bell peppers are. It's almost too easy to count as cooking, but the salsa tenderizes the chicken, making it fall right off the bones and basically shred itself.
- 1 Package of Skinless Grass-fed Chicken
- 1 Jar of Organic Salsa (With no added sugar, like Multiglen)
- 4 Organic Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Forbidden Black Rice (Optional for Level 2)
In a crockpot, add the chicken and follow these instructions:
- Add the salsa on top
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low and slow for 8. Easy to pop in the night before work, or in the morning for dinner.
- Spook up your Bell Peppers, carving them with faces (or cats / dogs!)
- Pop those in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees to soften them up.
- Stuff with the crockpot mixture and enjoy!
Health Coach Tip for Level 2 & 3:
Haven't heard of Forbidden Black Rice? You're not alone ;) Fun thing is, black rice is nutritionally superior to white and brown rice. It has a bit more protein, less carbohydrates, and fewer calories per serving. Better yet, black rice is six times higher in antioxidants than brown or white rice. You'll get an extra dose of inflammation-fighting antioxidants (and a unique burst of colors!) to your dishes when you use black rice.