Inspired by one of our lovely clients, Valerie. She requested for a hearty Crock-Pot dish! So I made this recipe over the weekend for a potluck. It was a huge success! I got SO many people nodding, thumbs up!! Little did they know it was for level 1 ;)
1/2 Cup Water
1 Can Tomato Paste
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef (less than 7% fat) or Bison
2 tbsp Onion, Minced
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed and Minced
1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
Pinch of Oregano
Pinch of Cinnamon
1 Can Tomato Sauce (no sugar added)
1 Cup Tomatoes, Chopped
1 Head of Cabbage, Boiled
- In a small frying pan, whisk together water and tomato paste. Stir in the chopped onions, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, oregano, cinnamon, salt and pepper. then add the tomato sauce and ground beef and let it simmer for about 15 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- While that cooks, boil cabbage until the leaves are soft. Pull whole leaves off of the head.
- After 15 minutes, pour a layer of the sauce into a Crock-Pot just enough to coat the bottom.
- Cut off the stem of the cabbage leaves, and add a few scoops of the chili sauce to the leaves. Roll into a neat parcel.
- Stack in Crock-Pot, pouring any extra sauce in as well. Cook on low for 1-3 hours to tenderize and soften the parcels. Enjoy!