Crying because you thought you'd have to give up chicken tenders while on the Betr program? Well dry those tears! Here's a fantastic Chicken Tenders recipe that not only has ingredients only from the Level 1 food list, but is absolutely outstanding! You'll never deviate from this recipe again! Enjoy!
Makes 1 protein serving.
- 1 lb skinless organic chicken breast
- 1 tbs skimmed milk
- 1 Melba toast or Grissini; for those who are on a gluten-free diet, we recommend either crackers by Yehuda or Edward & Sons (both brands can be found at your local Whole Foods)
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, ground red pepper, garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Slice chicken breast into 3 tenders.
- Grind Grissini/Melba toast in food processor and add seasonings to mix.
- Add chicken to milk mixture and toss to coat well. One at a time, place chicken in crumb/seasoning mix and coat both sides of chicken.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish and bake 15 minutes, turning about halfway through. Remove from oven and place the chicken in the broiler long enough to brown each side. Serve immediately.