A delicious summery meal that goes great with a good book and relaxing music.
Makes 1 serving of protein and vegetable.
- 4 oz. whitefish
- Asparagus (allowed amount)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Use a large sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, always use the dull side of the foil for food contact.
- Place asparagus spears in center of sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place whitefish on top of asparagus.
- Pour lemon juice on top and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Seal parchment or foil by folding tightly on all sides.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes depending on thickness of fish. Fish will be flakey when done.
- Substitute: Try this recipe substituting red onions for asparagus and top with marinated tomatoes.