We all love the combination of sour lemons with spicy mustard; but what if there was a dish that combined that with hearty meat, all with ingredients from the Level 1 food list? Well now there is! Enjoy this mustard lemon chicken dish, a perfect meal for during the summer or winter!
Makes 1 protein serving.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Juice from 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp organic mustard (no sugar added)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano or add to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or add to taste
- 1-2 clove crushed garlic
- In small bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken, and mix well.
- Place chicken in the mixture, making sure to coat well. Let sit for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler and line the pan with parchment paper. Remove chicken from mixture, but save the mix. Broil 1 side of chicken 5-10 minutes until slightly browned. Spoon some left over mixture onto chicken.
- Flip chicken over and spoon the rest of the mixture over the chicken. Broil uncooked side for 5-10 minutes or until juice from chicken is clear (not pink when pierced). Enjoy!
Eat smarter. Live betr.