Who would've thought- oranges and onions being in the same dish- but BOY is this dish good! You'll enjoy every bite of this great dinner dish!
Makes 2 protein servings.
- 1 boneless organic chicken breast (2 servings)
- 1 orange, peeled and separated into segments
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Grape-seed oil (optional)
- Sear chicken in a skillet with a small amount of the broth or grape-seed oil on high 1 minute per side to seal in juices. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brown onions in the skillet using a bit of the broth. You can slice or dice them.
- Add remaining broth and orange juice. Add chicken and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Add orange segments for last 2 minutes of cooking. Enjoy!