Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. And so when I heard about this recipe, I had to try it- I have to say, it's pretty darn good. A perfect meal for during the cold winter; this will heat you right up! Enjoy!
Makes 4 protein servings.
- 1 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 servings of asparagus
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cut chicken into 4 oz. serving.
- Mix lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Combine chicken and marinade mixture in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes – overnight is best.
- Brown chicken in a heavy skillet on high-heat for 1 minute per/side.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add marinade and chicken broth.
- Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add more broth if necessary to keep from drying out.
- Add asparagus and cook 3 more minutes or until done.