A delicious way to blend the citrus of fruits with the hearty deliciousness of chicken.
Makes 2 protein and 2 vegetable servings.
- 1lb organic chicken cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 orange
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root (about 1/2”-1” long piece, peeled and minced)
- 4 leaves of fresh basil or 1 tsp of dried basil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper, add chicken to pan and stir around until brown on all sides, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Slice the orange in half and squeeze the juice of one half of the orange over chicken. Peel and separate the other half of the orange into sections, and set it aside.
- Add ginger, lemon juice, and basil to the chicken and stir well. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, put it on a plate and add the remaining orange. Enjoy!