makes about 2 servings
8 oz. of organic lean ground beef
2 pieces of Melba toast ground into fine crumbs; for those who are on a gluten-free diet, we recommend either crackers by Yehuda or Edward & Sons (both brands can be found at your local Whole Foods)
2 tbsp chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic minced
Pinch of cayenne pepper, oregano and basil to taste
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup of Betr Marinara or Organic, All-Natural Marinara Sauce
- Grind Melba toast into fine crumbs using a food processor or crushing them in a bag.
- Mix the crumbs with the ground beef, chopped onions, and seasonings.
- Roll your mixture into 1-inch meatballs (approximately the size of a ping-pong ball).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place your meatballs in a baking dish about 1/2 inch apart.
- Coat the meatballs with the marinara and bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes.