Great dish for the family as well as for a nice nourishing meal after a long day at work.
Makes 2 servings protein and vegetables.
- 1 boneless organic chicken breast
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 basil leaves (rolled and sliced) or 4 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano, fresh, or dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pound chicken breast with meat pounder until 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small saucepan, lightly brown chicken with lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Add garlic, onion, spices, and remaining broth.
- Cook chicken on medium heat until done (juices should run clear).
- After chicken is cooked, add fresh tomatoes, and basil.
- Continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh basil.