2 cups cooked quinoa
pinch of salt
1 tsp turmeric
2 large eggs
1 cup unsweetened unflavored almond milk or non-fat milk
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, more for sprinkling
2 tbsps nutritional B12 flakes (adds cheesy flavoring)
Veggies of your choice (optional)
1) Cook quinoa to packaged instructions until fully cooked (about 15 minutes).
2) Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
3) Lightly sauté any added veggies you would like in this dish and set aside.
4) Coat an oven safe dish with olive oil.
5) Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl.
6) Fold quinoa mixture with all dry and liquid ingredients. Stir very well and let some of the cheese melt. (Add optional sautéed veggies at this time.)
7) Transfer to prepared baking dish, top with some sprinkled cheese and bake 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy this healthy mac and cheese alternative!